Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rain, rest and relaxation

Wow traveling is tiring. We’ve been racing around for the past week and a half going all out every day, squeezing the most out of the lemons that life has given us. Now, Megan, Paige, and I taking 4 days in Alghero as some down time before we head off on the Iberian leg of our spring break. We were hoping to spend these four days relaxing on some of the world-renowned Sardinian beaches soaking up the Mediterranean sun. Instead, the rain clouds that scattered while we were in Cinque Terre are back and instead of putting on our bathing suits and sun screen, we’re gearing up with sweatshirts and umbrellas.

I was so proud of myself when I set off on this trip in true backpacking fashion with only a hiking backpack for my three weeks of traveling. Now, the t-shirts, dresses, and sandals seem to be weighing me down for no reason and I’m longing for the hoodies and long-sleeved shirts that I left behind. But, as I said, little did I know that I would be spending my beach vacation hiding under an umbrella praying for the sun to come out. So much for going back to Copenhagen with a golden glow. I guess we’ll be making the most of what we’ve been given by catching up on our emails and some much needed sleep.

No comments: